Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I'm going to run out and get a new fork or anything, but I was just wondering... there's the Rockhopper Pro Disc All Mountain that comes with a 130mm fork. Does this mean that all Rockhopper frames can accept a fork with this much travel? ('05, '06 frames that is) I would assume so, otherwise they would have to make two different versions of the same frame, and on a bike like the Rockhopper, that doesn't seem like a practical economic choice for the company. Anyone know?

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Technically there are 2 different frames. The AM Pro has ISCG tabs on the BB. I haven't found anyone that has any more information on the difference between the AM and XC framesets. It could go as far as different gauge tubing, which would look the same externally.

That said, I have run several forks on my RH Pro XC Disc. The longest possible was a pike that could be run at 140mm. However I find that I prefer riding the frame at 100-110mm of suspension. It could break, but I doubt it would be a short term failure. Might be a problem if you plan to do a lot of hucking, but this might not be the right bike for that anyhow :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.