Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rockhopper Comp Upgrades

996 views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  AndrwSwitch 
I replaced my tires with a WTB Rajin in the back and a Mutano Raptor in the front and it made a huge difference over the stock tires.
I'll probably end up with new wheels and a fork at some point but everything else is fine for now.
Except for the tires and the fork I'm pretty stoked on the component group on my 09 RHC. This is my first MTB with disc brakes, they're pretty sick. Stoppies are so much easier now.

I love it!
Just for a little reference I started mountain biking in about '85 on a cheapo CyclePro. Then through the years as I progressed I went to a couple different Nishikis, a Ritchey Outback, a Ritchey Supercomp, a couple different Haro Extremes and a Gary Fisher Joshua.
Out of all those my Rockhopper Comp is by far the best ride. Yay technology and research and development.
I'm 6'5" tall @ 220lbs and I ride a 21.5" frame. It's a micro-tad too small but the 23" was way too big. I like a smaller frame because I love the technical single track stuff. I'll probably end up getting longer cranks for a little more legroom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.