Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 05 coiler primo...I've been drooling over the new 06 rocker plates on the coiler delux and the "coilair"...but, other than the looks, they are no lighter (cuz they're LOTS thicker). So I'm looking for a way to get the the "machined" look of the newer plates AND dump a little unneeded weight. Is there any other company besides Betd/Goldtec that builds upgrade rocker plates for Konas??

thanks in advance for any info...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
fireboy said:
I've got an 05 coiler primo...I've been drooling over the new 06 rocker plates on the coiler delux and the "coilair"...but, other than the looks, they are no lighter (cuz they're LOTS thicker). So I'm looking for a way to get the the "machined" look of the newer plates AND dump a little unneeded weight. Is there any other company besides Betd/Goldtec that builds upgrade rocker plates for Konas??

Danger boys....personally i would just save the cash and use it to a new bike in the future

·
Sure-Fire 'Lectric
91 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Danger boys....personally i would just save the cash and use it to a new bike in the future
DangerBoy, as of my last inquiry to them, don't make the Kona plates anymore. Dunno, you might be able to find some used ones somewhere. I've got black ano ones on my Stinky and they look killer.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
fireboy said:

Your local machine shop. The BETD ones get pretty pricey with the conversion rate and shipping. I think Kona sells the new rockers for just 100 bucks. I could be wrong.

Dangerboy doesn't make rockerplates for Kona anymore.

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Your local machine shop. The BETD ones get pretty pricey with the conversion rate and shipping. I think Kona sells the new rockers for just 100 bucks. I could be wrong.

Dangerboy doesn't make rockerplates for Kona anymore.
Thanks...I got some "feelers" out there with some buddies that work in the metal forming arena. Shouldnt' be too hard to find with all the Caterpillar part contractors around here...you can't hawk a spit ball without hitting a machine shop around here!!!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
fireboy said:
Thanks...I got some "feelers" out there with some buddies that work in the metal forming arena. Shouldnt' be too hard to find with all the Caterpillar part contractors around here...you can't hawk a spit ball without hitting a machine shop around here!!!
You from Illinois? Pretty cool, I'm in Naperville. Let me know how your search for the rockers go. Maybe you could have your machinist make 2 sets, and I'll split the cost with you?
I've been to the Caterpillar plant. Pay sounds pretty good, and the workers seem satisfied.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
You from Illinois? Pretty cool, I'm in Naperville. Let me know how your search for the rockers go. Maybe you could have your machinist make 2 sets, and I'll split the cost with you?
I've been to the Caterpillar plant. Pay sounds pretty good, and the workers seem satisfied.
man just upgrade your bike.....better alternative

new rocker arms were not a good investment for me....after you buy the arms your warranty is shot...and you need to get another spring so add on 50 more bucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.