Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry to post this, I'm sure its been answered a million times. I'm working on my first bike build from scratch and getting tired of searching the googles. ( changing parts from one frame to another )

One of the most annoying things I have come across is the Rock Shox Zeb "maxle". can someone point me to an axle that will just thread in with a hex wrench?

My other bikes all just thread in ( Pike, Lyrik ) Use regular hex threaded not quick release. Not sure why this zeb came like this but I hate it lol. I always have a multi tool.

Anyway its a 29" Guerrilla Gravity Gnarvana frame . and 170mm( i think ) Zeb + fork. I'm sure someone makes a non quick release axle for it? point me to some....thanks!

Again sorry for asking, had so many other issues on my first actual bike build from scratch, and this is the leftover that is really bugging me

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sorry to post this, I'm sure its been answered a million times. I'm working on my first bike build from scratch and getting tired of searching the googles. ( changing parts from one frame to another )

One of the most annoying things I have come across is the Rock Shox Zeb "maxle". can someone point me to an axle that will just thread in with a hex wrench?

My other bikes all just thread in ( Pike, Lyrik ) Use regular hex threaded not quick release. Not sure why this zeb came like this but I hate it lol. I always have a multi tool.

Anyway its a 29" Guerrilla Gravity Gnarvana frame . and 170mm( i think ) Zeb + fork. I'm sure someone makes a non quick release axle for it? point me to some....thanks!

Again sorry for asking, had so many other issues on my first actual bike build from scratch, and this is the leftover that is really bugging me
ok this is a bit odd as every Zeb I've seen comes with the non QR axle (maxle stealth) and the majority of pikes and lyriks have come with the maxle QR. You know rockshox makes both right? Maxle and maxle stealth. Here is your stealth boost maxle.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok this is a bit odd as every Zeb I've seen comes with the non QR axle (maxle stealth) and the majority of pikes and lyriks have come with the maxle QR. You know rockshox makes both right? Maxle and maxle stealth. Here is your stealth boost maxle.

Did not know that or the terminology, my ZEB + came with QR axle. anyway Wolf Tooth showed up today and works good. all fine here now. My pike and lyrik came with stealh I guess. - Either that or that is what guerrilla gravity sent with mine. Who knows all good now! thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.