Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ironically, the weight advantage is to the Race. The race also has a more simple dampening/rebound circuit than the team does (akin to the old Reba vs. something more refined). There are posts around on the subject, I can only add that I've ridden the Reba and now have the SID Team and I definitely prefer the controlled, well tracking nature of the SID Team. Both are great forks, and the SID Race may be even greater than the old Reba, I can't tell, I'd spring for the Team though, just to be sure. The upgrade from the Team to the WC is only a few grams, some carbon and perhaps some marginal stiffness improvements.

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
BlackBox

The Blackbox damping is a significant improvement to the older style in the race. The new damping in the team has that quick, smooth feeling that I love in the new Fox forks, with a weight savings and a pushlock.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,445 Posts
used2Bhard said:
The Blackbox damping is a significant improvement to the older style in the race. The new damping in the team has that quick, smooth feeling that I love in the new Fox forks, with a weight savings and a pushlock.
Really, you know what the difference is? The team has a Ti spring cover and a supposedly a second damping circuit, but it's factory set so it's no different than the Race really. I can guarantee you wouldn't know the difference between each fork if you rode them both.

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
?

Rivet said:
Really, you know what the difference is? The team has a Ti spring cover and a supposedly a second damping circuit, but it's factory set so it's no different than the Race really. I can guarantee you wouldn't know the difference between each fork if you rode them both.
So the Black Box is another damping circuit they add to just do nothing? Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. Either way damping in the SID Team is better than my REBA and RVL by far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.