Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
look 986
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have just bought a SINGLE rock shox sid world cup FORK. i depressed the valve on the positive air spring and noticed that a oil was sprayed out with the air. is this normal??????????
also any tips on setting them up as the manual is absolyly pants!?

·
look 986
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
rock shox sid world cups setup

i have just bought a SINGLE sid world cup and am wondering if any one has tips on setting IT up as the manual is pants! thanks in advance

·
All 26.5" all the time!
1,855 Posts
There's a small amount of oil in the positive air chamber to help seal and lube the piston. It's normal to lose a little bit when the pump is connected. You only need to worry when oil does not spray out of the valve --- it means the chamber is empty and requires service.

·
Registered
48 Posts
demc1982 said:
i have just bought a set of sid's and am wondering if any one has tips on setting them up as the manual is pants! thanks in advance
look at SRAM website? There also was a book on how to overhall RS SIDS, its a must have for SID owners. It will also have tips on how to set up your fork.

·
look 986
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i have had a look at this site but it mentions nothing for my fork which is the 2009. Only mentions earlier products.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
I know it says 2008, but this pertains to your fork: http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/95-4015-022-000%20print.pdf

Check this out too: http://forums.mtbr.com/blog.php?do=showentry&e=1646&enum=1 - It's a Reba tuning guide, but they are both dual air and use the same dual air assemblies.

It really will come down to you getting on the trail and adjusting it to your liking. The only tuning guide you need is the RS one, to show you the basics(the link above, or the book that came with your fork). It comes down to experimentation.

·
look 986
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh i am sorry, only i thought this was a mountain bike forum not a wordsworth forum.
I feel sorry for any one who feels it is necessary to inflict this level of pedanticism upon a stranger.

·
I am a pathetic rider...
644 Posts
demc1982 said:
Oh i am sorry, only i thought this was a mountain bike forum not a wordsworth forum.
I feel sorry for any one who feels it is necessary to inflict this level of pedanticism upon a stranger.
I don't see whats warranting your level of *****iness. It may seem like he is nagging at you, but he is just trying to help, because if you walk up to a bike shop and say, hey, I bought some new rock shox forks for my bike, can you help me set them up, they aren't going to take you very seriously and it will make a bad first impression. Way to be mature about it by the way, very impressive.

·
look 986
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have now edited all quotes of plural to sigular and officially stand corrected. An English lesson from an American..... this is a new low for me

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Enough of this...

People in Britain call a fork a "set of forks", "forks" or "front shock". They also call a cassette a "cluster", a derailleur a "mech" and so on.

If you know what they mean, please save the English lesson and go straight to the answer.

This forum reaches many places in the world. Let's keep it that way.

Thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.