Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dagenham Dave
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you bigger guys riding Rock Shox SID World Cup (2006 Model)?

If so, any feedback - pros and cons would be appreciated...

The bike I have just purchased (2006 Trek Top Fuel 110) has them as OEM, and I'm wondering if I would get any benefit from a change to REBA World Cup.

Dave V.
Geelong, Australia

·
= dirt torpedo =
1,210 Posts
Reba is a much beefier fork, so for us bigger guys it's definitely a better fit. It has 32mm uppers vs. SID's 28mm, so you won't experience nearly as much flex with the Reba. SID is considerably lighter than the Reba, and is really more of a skinny race fork than a trail fork (like Reba).

So, it all depends on how big you are, and what you are planning on using the bike for.
If you do decide to go with the Reba, make sure you get the U-turn, or have it popped down to 80mm if you get dual air, to keep your bike geo from changing drastically.

Cheers.

·
Dagenham Dave
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blender said:
Reba is a much beefier fork, so for us bigger guys it's definitely a better fit. It has 32mm uppers vs. SID's 28mm, so you won't experience nearly as much flex with the Reba. SID is considerably lighter than the Reba, and is really more of a skinny race fork than a trail fork (like Reba).

So, it all depends on how big you are, and what you are planning on using the bike for.
If you do decide to go with the Reba, make sure you get the U-turn, or have it popped down to 80mm if you get dual air, to keep your bike geo from changing drastically.

Cheers.
Thanks blender...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.