Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
docflop said:
Hi!

I ride a Trek Fuel 98 2003 with a Rock Shox SID Race Fork.

Is it possible to upgrade this Fork (2003) with a Lockout System?

Thanks,

FLO
I had the same question today! I just picked up a 2003 Fuel 98 as well and they had a 2004 that had the lockout so I asked if I could upgrade the fork with a lockout and the LBS said no. You'd have to get a new fork that has it. I was hoping it was just a part. That's just what the LBS said

·
Registered
72 Posts
21switchbacks said:
You can make this upgrade. This is from the FAQ section on the RockShox site:

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/faq.php?faqID=93db85ed909c13838ff95ccfa94cebd9

Also, check this out (I don't know if it fits the SID)

http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?Affiliate=1&PageID=30&SKU=FK1004
Great information and links - thanks 21Switchbacks. Wow the upgrade is expensive - about half the price of just getting a new SID (if you get a good deal somewhere)?

I wonder if the second link with the remote lockout is not for if you alreay have the lockout but you want to be able to engage it remotely on the fly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yup; fairly easy and not terribly expensive.

Both of those parts referenced in the links are for those forks that already have the Pure lockout setup with the crown-mounted lockout dial, not for those forks with Pure DeLite like what you have. The only thing you're missing is the Pure compression assembly, plus either the knob itself (and the associated ball and spring) or the remote kit, depending on how you want to actuate the lockout. There is a separate kit that RS offers that includes the rebound assembly, compression assembly, and Pure tube, but that one is intended for older Dual Air SIDs that use the old cartridge damper.

Once you have the compression assembly, you'll need to remove the floating piston that is currently in there and rebleed the system (basically requiring an overhaul).

www.angryasian.com

docflop said:
Hi!

I ride a Trek Fuel 98 2003 with a Rock Shox SID Race Fork.

Is it possible to upgrade this Fork (2003) with a Lockout System?

Thanks,

FLO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.