Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats is the "gate" knob on the fork supposed to do?? also has anyone experienced any creaking from your scalpel when u pedal? i thought it was the bolts that hold the shock together, any idea? thanx

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Gate...

whats is the "gate" knob on the fork supposed to do?? also has anyone experienced any creaking from your scalpel when u pedal? i thought it was the bolts that hold the shock together, any idea? thanx
Is basically how much of a trail bump it takes to release the compression damper. Compression damper slows down the fork's compression cycle.. all the way on, fork is locked out, all the way off, it reacts quickly to trail bumps,but will bob like crazy if you crank out of the saddle. I run mine all the way open unless I want to lock it out since I ride seated most of the time. When I get out of the saddle, I lock it out.

If you ride with the motion control compression all the way on, you can run the gate super high to make it like a full lockout, or super low so it slows the fork down and not bob, but it will let go when you get into bumpy stuff.

I run my gate fully locked out, and use the compression opened or close as the lockout lever.

You're probably going to get better answers if you ask this in the Rockshox forum, or the suspension forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.