Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 RS Sid Ultimate Remote (came stock on an Canyon Exceed SF SLX). The lockout no longer works. When I press the button to lock the forks, it pulls the cable and locks the fork. When I press the other button to release the cable/unlock the fork, the cable doesn't move nor does the lockout mechanism on the top of the fork. I have to manually move the lockout mechanism to unlock the fork. I'm thinking there is either a bad spring inside the fork or the cable it getting stuck. Anyone have experience with this issue? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would disconnect the cable and check for drag. It is also possible the spool or cable stop piece are misaligned on the fork cap so if you disconnect the cable I would loosen them. align and retighten

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would disconnect the cable and check for drag. It is also possible the spool or cable stop piece are misaligned on the fork cap so if you disconnect the cable I would loosen them. align and retighten
Thanks for the response. When you say drag, do you mean the cable getting stuck in the housing or elsewhere? Also, how are the spool and cable stop supposed to be aligned?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts