Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very certain that I want to upgrade to a U-Turn Air Revelation 426 for my Trance 2... But I have a couple of questions:

Does the amount of sag remain the same when winding travel down? Or does it change in proportion to the amount of travel (eg 25%)?

Also to anyone else running a U-Turn Air fork... do you set your sag at the travel setting you use most?

I was thinking that I'd keep the fork at 120mm most of the time for most singletrack. Winding it down to 100mm for smooth singletrack/long climbs and taking it out to 130mm for techy sections/big descents.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Revelation U-Turn !

majura said:
I'm very certain that I want to upgrade to a U-Turn Air Revelation 426 for my Trance 2... But I have a couple of questions:

Does the amount of sag remain the same when winding travel down? Or does it change in proportion to the amount of travel (eg 25%)?

Also to anyone else running a U-Turn Air fork... do you set your sag at the travel setting you use most?

I was thinking that I'd keep the fork at 120mm most of the time for most singletrack. Winding it down to 100mm for smooth singletrack/long climbs and taking it out to 130mm for techy sections/big descents.
Sweet fork, you'll like it ! Anyway, I own one and set both my sag and do the air spring tuning when the fork is at maximum travel as suggested in the manual ! I have found the recommended + and - air pressures for rider weight abit too high so I have lowered them a little at a time to achieve what I like ! Once you get one you will discover for yourself the range in tuneability ! TIG.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
majura said:

U-turn sags at "percent of total", not a fixed amount. Coil forks anyway, so I'm assuming air U-turns are similar. Like mentioned, best to set sag at the travel you expect to use the most.

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Me Mad!! Me Want Cheap Price!!!!!

mattsteve said:
Thanks, I just bought one from universal.....I called, they have good salespeople

RS revelation sans pop lock for 375 shipped second daY!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Come on!!! They corrected the problem!!!! ME MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: :( And SAD!!!!!! Now there like $600. OOOOOOOOOOOO well. Was going to buy one after x-mas. :( OOOOOkay, fine it's almost Chrismas, I'll chear up with time. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.