Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna buy a RS Rev, but i dont know if i should get the RLT Ti in dual position or not. How is the dual position? is it as smooth as the single position? How do they compare to the XX?

·
Registered
406 Posts
The biggest question would be, do you need a dual position fork? I have the dual air, and really like it, when it works right. Having some issues with the compression/lock out knob.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont need a dual position fork, but if Im not sacrificing plushness, i might as well get it

·
Registered
406 Posts
You do have extra adjustability with the dual air. Even a few pounds difference between the two chambers makes a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Marko G said:
im dumb, dont know if id know how to work a dual air fork though...

I feel the same way. I wish they offered the Revelation in a coil U-turn option with the Black box damper. I would be all over it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Theres not much to using a dual air fork. I had never even seen one much less used one and it took me about 3 minutes to figure it out. Basically if you want the simplest setup, just put the same pressure in both chambers. Thats it.

I dont think the Revelation with a coil spring would be popular. I think people like it because it is a light 150mm fork that you can get in any axle configuration. If you want a coil fork, you want the lyrik.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
naw i want an air fork, just dont know if id benefit from having the dual air rev over the single air

·
Registered
424 Posts
dkbikes4life said:
Theres not much to using a dual air fork. I had never even seen one much less used one and it took me about 3 minutes to figure it out. Basically if you want the simplest setup, just put the same pressure in both chambers. Thats it.

I dont think the Revelation with a coil spring would be popular. I think people like it because it is a light 150mm fork that you can get in any axle configuration. If you want a coil fork, you want the lyrik.

There really isn't that much of a weight difference between the coil and the dual air. On the older pikes there was only .4 of a pound difference between a coil u-turn and a dual air model. That little bit of weight is worth it to me not to deal with air.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
dkbikes4life said:
If you want a coil fork, you want the lyrik.
Not really... I want a Sektor with a BB damper or call it a Revelation with a coil spring but not a Lyrik.

I can only compare the Dual Position air to a Air U-Turn and both have pros and cons.

Dual Pos Air
Pros
- Quick travel change
- Light and simple, set and forget
- Feels nice for an air fork.

Cons
- No chance to set it up to anywhere in between to dial in geometry

Air U-Turn
Pros
- Can be set up to any travel setting within the range
- Dual Air set-up makes it really flexible, plush, stiff, you name it.

Cons
- Slightly heavier
- Always could develop some knocking issues
- Selecting travel is not really on the fly. You can do it while riding, but takes a lot of turns to go from full to short travel.

I would like some more plushness out of my Dual Position Air, but I have little ride time on it and it could be that I still need more break in or work on the set-up.

The BB damper is better than the standard Motion Control.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
dkbikes4life said:
The biggest question would be, do you need a dual position fork? I have the dual air, and really like it, when it works right. Having some issues with the compression/lock out knob.
What is the issue you're having? could you elaborate? I'm having some myself and I read mixed things but I know I should get more low speed compression and not only a lock out at last "click":madman:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts