• Revelation Team Dual Air 2010

Votes: 17 34.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new here on forum and I am about to buy one of these forks from subject: Rock Shox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn 2009 or Revelation Team Air U-Turn 2010.
I have a good deal on both of this forks, and difference in prices between these to is $120 (426 is the cheaper one :) ).

So now, I would like to know your impressions and opinions on these two forks, especially from those who had used both of these forks from the subject, and to tell me which one would be their first choice and why...
I would like to know what would be the differences and how big would they be?

I am also concerned in those problems that RS has with the forks with U-Turn mechanism, so I was also thinking about getting Dual Air fork, assuming they have less problems. Does PUSH offer definite and permanent solution with recent problems with 2010 U-Turn forks?

Please do share your thoughts; any help is much appreciated..!

I just hope I am not asking too much... ;)

Thank you all!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C'mon ppl, please help me out... I've been all over this forum and internet and haven't found any comparison like this, and everything else I have read doesn't answer my questions...

I am sure there is much more people who would like to know those answers, so you wouldn't help just me but others too... :$

If I have overseen something, you can post just a link - it would be as good as you wrote something... :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my revelation direct from push with their full factory system upgrade for @ $800. (about $50 more than I could find a stock one online)

No problems, and so much better than the Fox float RLC 150 it replaced.
I could not be happier with my choice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your answer! :)

I didn't know they offer buying complete Push'd forks! :)
Where can I see what (forks) do they have to offer?

I am from Croatia, so is there any chance I might get it here...? Is anybody familiar with it?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Surprised you haven't received more of a response.

I can't give you a comparison because I haven't ridden these forks. I am interested in the 2010 Revelation though and have read some very good reviews

A couple things to consider:
RS made some big changes to the fork for 2010
I have heard a lot of good things about the 2010 Rev.
I would definitely choose the 2010 over the 2009 for $120
You would probably make the $120 up in resale value

Not sure what bike it is going on, but it might be nice to have the 150 mm of travel compared to the 140 mm travel on the 2009 model.

I have not heard of any u-turn problems with recent forks. I hope you won't need it, but RS is suppose to have a very good warranty dept.

Good luck with your purchase.

TG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for replies! :)

@endo22 - I've looked all over their site and haven't found any (new) forks for sale, but only refurbished ones. I have sent them a mail, four days ago, but they haven't answered to me.

@G-AIR - Me too... :(

It's going on my 2007 Univega RAM ES 970, which came with fork for which I assume had 518mm a2c length (only thing I am sure about it is that there is NO way a2c could be less than 518, just more...). :) :)

Any here is a link for those problems 2010 Rev's with U-Turn have:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=566928

There are also more threads on this forum where people complain on the same problem with the same forks (2010 Revs), but I can't find them at this moment.
Also, there are people who say that they don't and didn't have those (or any other) problems with 2010 Revelation Dual Air forks, and there are people who said that after they took their forks to PUSH, the problem would be solved and there was no problems after being PUSH'd.

Thank you for your best wishes on my purchase, although, I hope I won't need it... :D :D

@fsrxc - Hehe, thank you for this link. I knew about them before, but I don't know how did I managed to forget them, hm...
And, yes, they are closer and are much logical choice... :) I will send them a mail... :D

This may be a stupid question, but maybe it's not: Is the PUSH service done by them as good as the one done (performed) by PUSH in USA? :$ Any experiences, at least with the one in UK?

There is also one more thing I would like to know: G-AIR mentioned (and many other people on this forum) that RockShox has a very good warranty dept. Suppose I buy a fork from USA or UK reseller and while the warranty lasts, something goes wrong with the fork - can I pass it to the dealer in my country or I have strictly return it to the place where I have bought it? Do I have any other options and what is with the RockShox warranty if I get my fork PUSH'd?

Thank you all for your help!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,
I didn't want to open another topic, so I will just post it here:
I made up my mind and I'm taking the 2010 Revelation Air U-Turn, but not Team but Race, since it's the same as 426 from previous year and I don't think that BlackBox is worth that much extra $$$.

I will get Revelation Race Air U-Turn 120-150 with 20mm Maxle Lite and PopLoc.

My only questions is:
If we assume that my frame is designed for 518 a2c, will it pose a problem/risk for frame if I set on fork 150mm of travel, because then it will have 529mm a2c length?? :confused:

Please help!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
sith_lord said:
Hey,
I didn't want to open another topic, so I will just post it here:
I made up my mind and I'm taking the 2010 Revelation Air U-Turn, but not Team but Race, since it's the same as 426 from previous year and I don't think that BlackBox is worth that much extra $$$.

I will get Revelation Race Air U-Turn 120-150 with 20mm Maxle Lite and PopLoc.

My only questions is:
If we assume that my frame is designed for 518 a2c, will it pose a problem/risk for frame if I set on fork 150mm of travel, because then it will have 529mm a2c length?? :confused:

Please help!!
The a2c on the Revelation 150 is 529 according to SRAM (look at top link "Axel to Crown"): http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/view.php?catID=5&subcatID=2

About every 20mm is a 1* change in head angle. So that would be about .5* slacker HA. I'm not sure if that would put enough stress on the frame to damage it....depends on the frame.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The frame is the one from the previous post (#9).

That is what I am most worried about, since I am either not sure how will such an increase of 11mm affect and put additional stress on my frame... :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
After a quick google search it looks like your frame came with a Talas 150 from the factory...that's 521 a2c. Considering both are 150mm forks in the same class and there is a variance of +-5mm in a2c measurements it would probably be fine.

sith_lord said:
The frame is the one from the previous post (#9).

That is what I am most worried about, since I am either not sure how will such an increase of 11mm affect and put additional stress on my frame... :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
arzander said:
After a quick google search it looks like your frame came with a Talas 150 from the factory...that's 521 a2c. Considering both are 150mm forks in the same class and there is a variance of +-5mm in a2c measurements it would probably be fine.
Back then, it was sold with MZ AM1 (or All Mountain 1?), but I am not sure which one exactly because it is from a second hand and the seller can't remember which one was the first one on it... :(
My frame is a model from 2007 - are you sure we are talking about the same frame? :)

Link to the manufacturers page for this frame: http://2007.univega.com/bikes/uni_modell.asp?kat=RAM&an=904596

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at the 09', my bad sorry:eek: You're right looks like a 130mm fork from the factory, if that's the case 150mm is probably pushing it...don't know what to tell you:confused: Maybe contact the manufacture or search the web for detailed specs??? You could lower the fork to 130mm and play it safe.

sith_lord said:
Back then, it was sold with MZ AM1 (or All Mountain 1?), but I am not sure which one exactly because it is from a second hand and the seller can't remember which one was the first one on it... :(
My frame is a model from 2007 - are you sure we are talking about the same frame? :)

Link to the manufacturers page for this frame: http://2007.univega.com/bikes/uni_modell.asp?kat=RAM&an=904596

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heh, that's the problem - I spent many days on internet looking for this kind of information, but without any help.
I even contacted the manufacturer, but they replied that they do not have that kind of information either... :(
Many people told me that it doesn't matter how much travel do I have on fork, but how much a2c is the length that matters.
I don't know what to do and having and riding a fork (and always watching on how travel do I put) just ruins all the fun of riding because there is a few things more that I have to think about and keep in mind... :(

·
Registered
618 Posts
dude, you are getting the uturn fork' right? just set it at 130 or 135 or what ever feels good if you are worried about the stress a 150mm fork will put on your frsme. I used to ride a kona kikapu that had a 100mm reba I jacked up to 115mm when I serviced it and the rear suspension never felt right again. I ended up getting a new frame or I would have set it back to100mm for that bike. I never expected to see a diff in the rear suspension performance. ?y buddy built up the kikwith a 100mm fork and it rides very nice again .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.