Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Just curious if anyone has had any ride time on the new Monarch Plus RC3?

I currently have a Vivid 5.1 coil on my ride and am looking to lighten it up/AM'ify it, and am leaning towards this shock (I am a rock shox guy, what can I say?).

Thanks!

-Mike

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
I Have!

bigmike9699 said:
Hey!

Just curious if anyone has had any ride time on the new Monarch Plus RC3?

I currently have a Vivid 5.1 coil on my ride and am looking to lighten it up/AM'ify it, and am leaning towards this shock (I am a rock shox guy, what can I say?).

Thanks!

-Mike
Hey Mike,

Last Saturday I had my first ride on a Pushed 2011 Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 that I combined with a 2011 Fox 36 Talas 160 RLC FIT fork as replacements for the Specialized suspension on my 2007 Euduro SL. It was a major improvement from ride characteristics to the weight of the bike. The ride was a 3.5 hour, 23 mile funfest with over 3,000 feet of elevation gain/loss. One ride doesn't a review make but I'm completely stoked by the changes and highly recommend them to anyone with this frame.:D

I've had the Fox fork on the bike for 4 rides already so I was somewhat familiar with the advantages brought about by that change. Adding the shock was a major improvement to both the uphill and DH ride characteristics of the bike. That said I was expecting a little plusher ride with all the controls opened up. However I was assured by Darren at Push that they recommend 4-8 hours of off-road riding on all of their suspension services as a break-in period. Additionally, half a dozen other experienced riders told me that you normally need 15-20 hours of riding before a new shock or fork is completely broken in.

I'm excited that things will only get better from here on as they were pretty damn nice Saturday!

Have fun however you get dirty!

Michael:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.