Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually, the Fox RP23 sits between the Monarch 4.2 and the Monarch 3.3 in terms of features. Both the 4.2 and RP23 have a dial adjustable platform, with a switch to turn the platform on and off. Fox call the platform Pro-Pedal, Rockshox call it Motion-Control.

The Monarch 4.2 has about 12 clicks of adjustment, where RP23 has only 3 clicks of adjustment (light, medium and solid platform)

The Monarch 3.3 has slightly less adjustment than the RP23, having a single lever to switch from No-platform, to medium platform, to solid platform.

The monarch 3.1 has just got a dial to vary the amount of platform, and no lever to turn the platform off altogether.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of dials with hundreds of clicks to choose from. I bought a Monarch 4.2, and kinda wish I'd saved a couple of quid and bought the 3.3 instead.

Just realised I've answered a question from June last year :-s that was worth the effort. :-(

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
June of '08 eh? :D

No worries... you still broke it down nicely. Someone will learn something today.

I've been loving my Monarch 4.2 since last summer. Great shock. Way more adjustability than the RP23.

The RP is a good shock but I think once more people try out the Monarch they'll come to appreciate some of its benefits: Sag gradients, more compression adjustment with a harder "Gate" setting - you can almost lock it out, more rebound adjustment, the swivel air valve tucks away nicely, way nicer low-friction mounting hardware, etc...

...At least there is finally another good option for air shocks...:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.