Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so its pretty common that you should not run a QR axle with 8 inch rotors, does this apply to the Totem's Maxle? I cant imagine that RS would expect you to run these forks with 6 inch rotors. However i can not find this info on the net so maybe one of you guys can help me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No, the Maxel is a quick release through axel. It's much different than a rugular QR and plenty strong for 8" rotors.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
hab1b said:
so its pretty common that you should not run a QR axle with 8 inch rotors, does this apply to the Totem's Maxle? I cant imagine that RS would expect you to run these forks with 6 inch rotors. However i can not find this info on the net so maybe one of you guys can help me.
As ATR said, no problems. Go for it!

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thats what i figured but i wanted to be sure thanks a lot guys i think im gonna order one tomorrow. i have heard good things about these forks. Also can you convert a bolt on hub set up to a 20mm thur axle set up?

·
Moose Enthusiast
237 Posts
hab1b said:
ok thats what i figured but i wanted to be sure thanks a lot guys i think im gonna order one tomorrow. i have heard good things about these forks. Also can you convert a bolt on hub set up to a 20mm thur axle set up?
it depends on the wheelset / hub but in most cases no

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i thought.. might as well get a new wheel set anyway. those outlaws are looking good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.