Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air 160 mm travel fork. I am wondering what my best option would be for a light AM/Trail bike.

Would a Titus Motolite be a good frame for this fork? If you guys could throw out a list of options to help me do a little brain storming it would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
FatTire9 said:
I have an 09 Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air 160 mm travel fork. I am wondering what my best option would be for a light AM/Trail bike.

Would a Titus Motolite be a good frame for this fork? If you guys could throw out a list of options to help me do a little brain storming it would be appreciated. Thanks.
So you have the fork, but need a frame? What are you riding now? What kind of riding? What are your trails like? How much are you looking to spend?

Sooooooo many choices in the 5-7" travel frame market right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riding Style

I ride mostly technical terain, roots, rocks, climbs are moderately steep and dh is not crazy. I'd say more rolling climbs, but I do like my occasional trip to climb mountains in Vermont/New Hampshire.

I have a Lyrik fork and a Nomad frame, a friend has made an offer on the frame I almost can't ignore. My Nomad build is not complete yet, and I'm trying to decide if I'd be crazy to let the nomad frame go and pick up a light (sub $1,000) frame with the $ from selling the Nomad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Options

I am considering my options since I have someone willing to snag the frame off of me for a price that puts me in good shape to get another frame. I'm always down to save $.

Does anyone have any set up experience with a RS Lyrik on a trail frame/light AM that agrees with adj travel 115mm to 160mm? I don't want to get a frame that doesn't allow for the max compacity of the fork. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
I am considering my options since I have someone willing to snag the frame off of me for a price that puts me in good shape to get another frame. I'm always down to save $.

Does anyone have any set up experience with a RS Lyrik on a trail frame/light AM that agrees with adj travel 115mm to 160mm? I don't want to get a frame that doesn't allow for the max compacity of the fork. Any suggestions?
You stated you have a Solo Air isn't adjustable. Do you have the two-step instead? Unless you're climbs are long and steep, lowering a fork to 115mm on a 5 or 6" travel bike is overkill.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Lyrik is a no go for the Motolite. To stiff and to long. The sweet spot for the Motolite is 130 - 140mm. You are looking at the next step up which is the El Guapo. Sweet, sweet bike:thumbsup: And no Titus is not bankrupt anymore. They were bought out by On-One so they have a bright future. Currently the EG is going for an outstanding price of $999 (On-One is cutting out the middle man and selling direct). The EG and motolite weights are very similar. And I liked the EG better than the Nomad v2 (check out my post in the Titus section (El Guapo?Convince me!). And if you can weight a couple months they are going to come out with a slightly better version with a tweak in the geometry.

Good hunting,
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.