Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info on what to do. I just did basic service on a 2014 Reba and replace the seals oil and dust boots. One of the dust boots keeps popping up. After the first time I tore it down replaced the foam rings and boots again this time cleanes area really good and put a bit of RTV sealant on boot to help it stay. Couple rides later boot pops out. There is some slight road rash on the stanchion . Looking for advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Sounds like there is an air leak on the spring side. Basically air is leaking from the negative spring and getting into the lower leg, pressurizing it and causing the dust wiper to pop off. Gluing it into place isn't really going to solve the underlying problem.
I had a similar issue on my brother's Revelation and it was due to the o rings being dry. I greased them all up and it solved the problem. That may be the first thing you need to check. It may also be that one of the o rings has some damage to it as well. Either way, you will have to tear down your fork again to fix it.

·
MCMXCV
1,327 Posts
My 2013 Reba RL did the same thing after about 2k miles. It was the left (air spring) side and it continued after I personally rebuilt the air spring too. I ended up selling it when I parted out my bike to do a custom build of my new bike.

I wish I had more help for ya.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This happened to me a few years ago on a Revelation that I did a service on, spewing oil out.

The cause for me was when I put it back together, I put the Negative Air piston in upside down and it was blocking the air port.

Tear it down again and see if that is the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts