Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm building a Haro extreme x3 dual suspension and need forks. I am currently being offered some RS Tora 318 solo air shocks for 200 usd. Is this a good deal? I weigh about 150-155 and do take jumps but nothing huge, and little to no drops. Would these forks work well? Thanks all

·
Registered
16 Posts
coop3422 said:
Hey all. I'm building a Haro extreme x3 dual suspension and need forks. I am currently being offered some RS Tora 318 solo air shocks for 200 usd. Is this a good deal? I weigh about 150-155 and do take jumps but nothing huge, and little to no drops. Would these forks work well? Thanks all
I have that shock on my Specialized RH Comp. I see they go for around $260 on the market. Fork will work well as you can set your own compression on the air forks.At your weight- put around 110 lbs of air in the shock . (YOU will also need to purchase a shock pump- they go for around $30.).It is probably the cheapest of the air shocks so I would go for it if I were you. I have no complaints with mine. The air does not leak out much at all with mine. I check the pressure once a month and I don't lose anything.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, but I wound up buying a Rock Shox Recon U-Turn for the same price :) I think it's supposed to be a way better shock

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I have a 318 on my GF and it's junk... but better than a Judy. You did a good thing snatching the Recon.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The only difference I can see between the Recon 351 Solo Air and the Tora 318 Solo Air is that the Recon has aluminum stanchions. Of course, there are different models of each shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts