Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking to buy a new bike. The bike hes looking at comes with a rock shocks judy fork. I dont know anything about the judy. Could anyone give me some information on it? Is it air assist? I sure hope its not a rubber bumber system like the ensyncs. I would like to know because it may be worth for my friend to pay $90 to fix my old rock shocks pilot and put that on his bike. Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
which

model of Judy? (ie C, TT, XC, SL)
I doubt it's air assist, I believe Judy's are elastomers & springs for the last couple of yrs... I'm not too familiar with 'em either though.. have you checked the rockshox.com site?

Got_Issues? said:
A friend of mine is looking to buy a new bike. The bike hes looking at comes with a rock shocks judy fork. I dont know anything about the judy. Could anyone give me some information on it? Is it air assist? I sure hope its not a rubber bumber system like the ensyncs. I would like to know because it may be worth for my friend to pay $90 to fix my old rock shocks pilot and put that on his bike. Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
logbiter said:
model of Judy? (ie C, TT, XC, SL)
I doubt it's air assist, I believe Judy's are elastomers & springs for the last couple of yrs... I'm not too familiar with 'em either though.. have you checked the rockshox.com site?
Its the TT model. I guess i didnt check the site because i figured i could get more information here.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The TT is just some elastomers & springs... so about the same as insynch, or whatever. No damping system (aside from the elastomeric friction), no air. Just the basic model.

Use it til he's ready for an uprade, take it off 'as new' and get mayb $40-50 on ebay for and put it towards your psylo or get one of the manitou's on clearance for ~$200 right now.

Got_Issues? said:
Its the TT model. I guess i didnt check the site because i figured i could get more information here.

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
I have a tt on my bike, it works. but its pretty lousy... The lack of damping is a big problem.

·
OldTeen
202 Posts
logbiter said:
The TT is just some elastomers & springs... so about the same as insynch, or whatever. No damping system (aside from the elastomeric friction), no air. Just the basic model.

Use it til he's ready for an uprade, take it off 'as new' and get mayb $40-50 on ebay for and put it towards your psylo or get one of the manitou's on clearance for ~$200 right now.
I agree. I have a Judy TT on my HT and it' fine as an entry level fork. I've had no problems with it, but I'm riding in the Midwest and don't go for big air (BTW-I'm 175lbs). The preload adjustment is rather coarse and it lacks damping. As my riding improves, I'm sure I'll upgrade.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Judy C

I have a Judy C on my hard tail. I rode this bike when I was just getting into MTBing and use it now when my Full Suspension is sick...definitely an intro fork, but I rode and still ride this thing agressively XC and still going strong. I was and still am impressed with it. It was a 2001, I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.