Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Monster NRG
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cleaning my bike yesterday and I noticed that the rebound adjuster knob has fallen out of my Rock Shock Boxxer Team forks! I have another from my other bike (Totem forks) but wonder if its worth putting in as I might lose this one as well. There is no damage around the leg or bolt, so it hasn't come out by being hit. It does say not to use the fork without this knob in place, though I guess this is only to stop dirt going up the inside of the bolt. Thought I might just plug the hole with something. Anyone else had the same thing with their forks?

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
I removed the rebound knob from my Totam and Argyle just for this very reason. I set the rebound where I want it and pulled them out. Put them right in my toolbox if needed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
I demo'd a perp with a boxxer yesterday and the rebound knob fell off int he parking lot. not so inspiring.
You do know you're not supposed to ride with it in right? Thats why it ffell out.

·
Registered
605 Posts
well on my totem the rebound plug fell off first ride, on my boxxer WC i took it off and put it away before i even used the fork so that it wouldn't happen again! of course i forgot where i put it........ meh :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
my rebound knob fell off also but at the usopen i took it to the sram booth and they did something that fixed the problem they put like a washer or something in it and tighten the thing up it hasn't fallen out since you could call them and ask them....i'll try to post a pic..because i'm not good at explaining what they did....

·
Registered
693 Posts
Walk down any popular DH track after a busy race. I think I have a collection of around 15 at home.

I myself have never lost one. When you put it on, make sure you hear a really loud click and it feels solid.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
frisky_zissou said:
I myself have never lost one. When you put it on, make sure you hear a really loud click and it feels solid.
BINGO!!

the problem, is if you adjust the knob (less rebound specifically), you can inadvertintly 'inclick' the knob....but if you push it on and it actually snaps in place, it takes a good bit to get it off.

I ride all the time with both my boxxer and lyric knob in the fork, and have not had either come off when not intended.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.