Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, I am always getting stones stuck in between my Lopes link, resulting in the rubber finish frame being wrecked at the link level, does Lizard skins produce a sleeve to protect the link and the frame !:madman:

·
Registered
15 Posts
it's not just you!
the link's design was not well thought out and it does tend to damage the frame when rocks and mud are caught in there. It does add some rigidity the the rear triangle but I took mine off after 10 rides and now use the regular links. was not worth the frame damage.

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
I am going to leave my regular links on for now. I ride pretty hard and I came from a very very laterally stiff bike (Ventana) and the regular links are fine. I think the lateral stiffness issues is WAY overrated. If the tire is flexing 0.3" in a turn and the wheel is flexing 0.15" and the frame flexes .05" then moving that down to .02" isn't going to make a big change. Everyone that wants to show off how stiff or flexy a frame is always grabs the rear wheel and seatpost and moves the wheel back and forth. And ALWAYS the wheel is responsible for 90% of the movement.

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Scored the bump under the top link within the first couple days I had the bike home. Ibis guys were nice enough to respond to an email by the next day, saying they'd packed so much material in there that it was cosmetic.

Given how much thrashing our bikes get in short order, I'm not at all worried about that. Glad I live in an arid area though, because cleaning mud out of those tight links is a real bummer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.