Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rider in rochester looking for some good trails and maybe a group to ride with. I already ride at tryon park with a friend of mine but im looking to explore a new park.

·
Yeet so hard
680 Posts
http://www.rochestermtb.com/

This is the place to go to find local riders in Roc. I am a member, they are a good group of people. There is never a risk of getting dropped. Everyone always either waits or splits into smaller appropriate groups. They ride all the local trails and plan day trips out of town every so often. You can post a ride whenever you are planning on going and others will more than likely join. Best riding group I have seen.
I am Tim btw. I am pretty much the only consistently SS rider in the group so I am pretty easy to spot. See ya out there!

·
Registered
143 Posts
dragbike posted the main link, check out under the main menu *single track trails & maps*. It shows trails some info and where the trails are located. I have not made it to Tryon yet but hear that is the better location for the area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dryer hill is a pretty good ride. They have a small pump track and a skills area at the parking lot for some fun.

The trails there are short-ish, but pretty fun. Ribbon Candy is a hoot.

·
Yeet so hard
680 Posts
@S.n.a.k.e
Ribbon Candy is my favorite trail there!
For added fun, at the top of the trail, there is a small mound on the field side of treebeard (i think). Start on the mound and ride ribbon Candy without pedaling once. Its way harder than it sounds and super fun. It gets you to really read the trail and work those pump-track skillz. We wound up just lapping down ribbon pumping and back up moon like 5 times in a row.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I know Dryer. I get up there when visiting the in-laws. Was there this past weekend. They ran a fat tire festival/race. Pretty cool. Fun stuff in them thar trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts