Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 07 Marzocchi TST R on my Transition Dirtbag back when I bought the bike back in 2007. I do mostly freeride and downhill type riding.

Recently, the shock stopped holding air, the rebound stopped working and the shaft seal sprung a leak. The shock is getting shipped back to marzocchi for warranty repair as we speak.

But this leads me to wonder if I am using the right shock.
My room mate has a Fox DHX 5.0 on his AS-X and he seems to love the shock. I admit, I like to go FAST and I don't really do any climbing with the bike. So it mostly gets pushed up the hill, used on lift served or shuttled days.

I am thinking if Marzocchi repairs the TST-R perhaps I should sell the shock and get a Rocco WC? Or DHX 5? OR try to find a used Rocco WC and have it PUSHd?

I've done some searching and it seems that the PUSH'd Rocco WC seems to be the favored shock over the others. But again opinions are like buttholes...

I'd love a CCDB but $$$ is a little tight right now.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Since your shock is going back to Marz, have them change the TST to a WC. From what I've seen it's pretty simple, basically just swapping out the internals in the res if I remember correctly.

I've thought about doing it to my TST, but I climb a fair bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.