Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
921 Posts
Headed out to one or the other Sunday morning. Anyone know how these areas fared from the storms?
Thanks!
I rode a good portion of Roaring Creek last Sunday. Conditions were excellent. There were one or two blow downs that were already cleaned up. I haven't really rode anything at the bottom of the mountain, which sees much less traffic and much less maintenance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rode Geisinger yesterday for about an hour - still some water flowing down the main jeep road, but the trails are in good shape other than a few soft spots here and there. No new blowdowns on any of the spots we hit - (we cleared a few things off last week) fun city, carousel loop, and the jug trail. We did hear (and see some torn up areas from) some moto activity, so if you do ride it, keep your eyes and ears open.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Parked on the east side of 42 near aristes the other day and headed down the headwaters ? trail. There's about a 30 yd.+ section washed completely away with about 4-5 foot deep gullies across the entire road. It looks like DCNR put some new pipes in there recently but the water went completely around them. It should be interesting to see if DCNR attempts to fix this or not as it is more of a road than trail..

I have a map of the roaring creek area I'll try to post later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.