Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Do you mean rideable or driveable. There are a couple ways of driving into the park, just mapquest around and find more traveled roads to access it in a safer way if shady suburban hilly ice wall roads of death are a little too much for ya.;)
i imagine driving in the backway up isn't going to be too tough....

·
m0un#a!n 8ik3r
251 Posts
I was thinking about riding the Worm in the snow last weekend... main reason I decided against it wasn't the icy roads to get to it tho.

It was the fact that, as it is, it's sometimes hard to figure out which way the trail goes there:confused: , what with all the meander bends which come right next to each other and are only separated by a few sticks (if even that) which trail maintainers have put down to block off the switchback cuts.

But I could imagine that with a couple inches of snow on it, it'd be really hard to tell what was trail and what wasn't ... sh1t would end up being basically a big criss-crossing lattice of trail-looking things. And all the inevitable switchback-cuttings one would do would further mess up the meager trail definition there (tumble the sticks this way and that), even tho it wouldn't be immediately obvious cuz of the snow on it.

Put it to ya this way.. overall I'm not a moralist (far from it) about riding trails in uh.. "inclement weather" ... except for when it comes to riding Tapeworm/Parasite with snow on it. :D So pls be a good lil' mtn biker and go instead to Sawyer, Seatac, Colon-aid, Griffin, etc.

kthxbye

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Bikers cannot really make any indelible impressions in the frozen snow terra. One should not tote a guilty conscience if they choose to ride the worm.

Besides much all of the bushwhacking damage has already been done over the years...

Once this stuff starts melting, then that would be a good time to avoid the trail for a bit, and slush isn't fun to ride in anyways.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Skookum. The absolute best and cleanest a ride I have had at the Worm was when it was frozen on New Years Day a couple years back. I haven't experienced that much traction anywhere except Moab or Fruita. That being said. When it melts into muddy slush I wont go anywhere near it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.