Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
some guy
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out on a 20 mile training ride today in the middle of the afternoon when I met some company. I saw a roadie half way up a long hill on my ride, so I made up my mind to catch him on my mtn bike, sus fork, big knobbies... the whole deal. Anyways, long story short, after a grueling climb pushing the largest gear I ever had I caught him and sat behind him recovering and staying on his rear wheel. After a corner I moved up in front to give him a chance to recover and after a bit he told me, "Your seat is too high, your posterior is moving." I just nodded and continued on... we chatted a bit until my route took a different turn.

Anyways I'm wondering if this is the case. I've got the seat set so that my legs almost fully extend but not quite. I'd never heard that if you're moving the seat is too high. And finally I didn't even realized I bounced around that much. Just wanted some comments, ideas, or advice...

·
Registered
189 Posts
LavaPunk said:
Was out on a 20 mile training ride today in the middle of the afternoon when I met some company. I saw a roadie half way up a long hill on my ride, so I made up my mind to catch him on my mtn bike, sus fork, big knobbies... the whole deal. Anyways, long story short, after a grueling climb pushing the largest gear I ever had I caught him and sat behind him recovering and staying on his rear wheel. After a corner I moved up in front to give him a chance to recover and after a bit he told me, "Your seat is too high, your posterior is moving." I just nodded and continued on... we chatted a bit until my route took a different turn.

Anyways I'm wondering if this is the case. I've got the seat set so that my legs almost fully extend but not quite. I'd never heard that if you're moving the seat is too high. And finally I didn't even realized I bounced around that much. Just wanted some comments, ideas, or advice...
If you hips are rocking side to side then your seat is in fact too high. You want a decent bend in your legs when your legs are extended.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts