Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning for my own road trip made me think about this...

I'm planning on heading east in the near future and started looking for trails along the drive. So who else has (not?) done an extended road trip to go riding?

How far do you go for a road trip?
What trails are must rides for a trip?

And some more mundane stuff too...
How do you keep the bike locked up?
How much crap gets packed and loaded up?

I'm heading from Indiana to DC in a few weeks and right now it's looking like a stop in Brown County Indiana, around Ceasars Creek in Dayton Ohio, and some Maryland trails. Plans may change, but those are on the top of the list because of where they are, and even what they are.

JmZ

·
Registered
725 Posts
JMZ-
I'm a fellow hoosier just returning from a weekend ride in NC. I can't stress enough how much you need to visit Brevard,NC. It's the home of (in my opinion) some of the best trails anywhere. If Pisgah nat'l forest is not enough for you, then there's Dupont state forest close by. Pisagh has some epic technical rides, while dupont has "eastern slickrock", and trails surrounded by a loop, so you can make as many miles as you want from it. I would also recommend Douthat park in Virginia. It's got some grueling climbs with some beautiful views at the top and some killer singletrack downhills. These two places are about 8-9 hours from Indianapolis. I try to visit Pisgah 3-4 times per year and highly recommend it to anyone.

·
Lazy People Suck
776 Posts
Let me know when you come to BC

JmZ,

I think you know I live in Columbus near BCSP and would be glad to show you around Brown County State Park and some of the other rides aorund there (Gnaw Bone Camp, Valley Branch Retreat, Nebo Ridge, Mascatatuck) and if you want a place to crash for the evening.

Just let me know what weekend if you want get in a ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.