Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting to think about planning a road trip for next summer. Thinking about eastern US, mainly Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. Just wanted to get some ideas about where the best riding spots are, so if any locals or anyone with expirence around those parts has any favorite spots please post them up. As for type of riding xc, the more single track the better, technical or fast n flowing its all good. Also don't mind climing to go back down.

Thanks
Ben

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
1x1 said:
Just starting to think about planning a road trip for next summer. Thinking about eastern US, mainly Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. Just wanted to get some ideas about where the best riding spots are, so if any locals or anyone with expirence around those parts has any favorite spots please post them up. As for type of riding xc, the more single track the better, technical or fast n flowing its all good. Also don't mind climing to go back down.

Thanks
Ben
Kingdom trails, Burke mtn. VT.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
the river trail in portland maine is a pretty decent trail, its all single track, tons of little bridges that cross streams, climbs, decents, and a few technicle things. this was my favorite trail in my xc days. its 3+ miles long, it starts at corsetties in westbrook maine and goes to falmouth maine, and continues to the ocean.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
1x1 said:

Thanks
Ben
Plan on spending some time in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, not far from Kingdom Trails. Post where you are more certain of dates and locations and i'm sure you can find a someone willing to offer a tour.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
minkhiller said:
Plan on spending some time in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, not far from Kingdom Trails. Post where you are more certain of dates and locations and i'm sure you can find a someone willing to offer a tour.
You will love KTA Glenn. You are going at least twice this coming year. You will be hooked.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Severum said:
You will love KTA Glenn. You are going at least twice this coming year. You will be hooked.
I keep kicking myself in the ass. When I did make plans to go up is when we had all the flooding.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Merrimack Dave said:
And then your bike decided to go on vacation, without you.
Lol, it was telling me that I should have stayed in the west.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the help guys. I have heard that the White Mountains have good riding. Also we will probaly be going for about a week, would there be time to ride the White Mountains and the KTA trails as well. About how long a drive is it between them.

Ben

·
Registered
907 Posts
1x1 said:
Thanks for all the help guys. I have heard that the White Mountains have good riding. Also we will probaly be going for about a week, would there be time to ride the White Mountains and the KTA trails as well. About how long a drive is it between them.

Ben
less than two hours

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
1x1 said:

Ben
If you have the cash you can pamper yourself by taking a tour with Western Spirit they have a tour that does KT and White Mountain trails in the same tour. If not just post in this forum when the time comes.

·
beer thief
4,926 Posts
minkhiller said:
If you have the cash you can pamper yourself by taking a tour with Western Spirit they have a tour that does KT and White Mountain trails in the same tour. If not just post in this forum when the time comes.
Fock that, I'd be glad to show him the goods that Western Spirit knows nothing about. Of course, I won't cook him meals like they will. But he could use my gas grill (if he brings the beer).

Post up when the time gets closer, I'm not going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
radair said:
Fock that, I'd be glad to show him the goods that Western Spirit knows nothing about. Of course, I won't cook him meals like they will. But he could use my gas grill (if he brings the beer).

Post up when the time gets closer, I'm not going anywhere.
"I'm not going anywhere"....next thing you know he's in Moab or Fruita or Whistler or Tahoe....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Kingdom trails is a must. I also really liked the millstone hill trails in Barre. Definitely worth a trip and not too far from KT or the Whites. If you have time it is worth the trip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts