Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will be coming through Fruita, Moab and down to the San Juan River in NM next week. Looking for ride suggestions and possible guides. Hoping to meet new/old mtbr friends.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Shiggy,
I'll likely be in Vail next weekend, Aug 28 & 29th, if you decide to head a bit more east. It's about 2 hrs from Fruita. Moab will be like Hades this time of year and Fruita has that potential although you may get lucky.

Let me know if you decide to come up to the high country.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Shiggy,
I'll likely be in Vail next weekend, Aug 28 & 29th, if you decide to head a bit more east. It's about 2 hrs from Fruita. Moab will be like Hades this time of year and Fruita has that potential although you may get lucky.

Let me know if you decide to come up to the high country.
We will not be there until Monday the 30th at the earliest then just need to be in Aztec by Saturday night.

Moab forecasts are for 85-90°. No big deal. Been in that or higher all summer.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Shiggy, Fruita/Moab should be good to go as the weather there has been pretty mild this summer and the forecast looks like it is staying the same. You have to do the 18 rd rides and Loma Loops in Fruita. They are easy to find and ride without any guidance if no one comes forth to help out. I would come over but I am going to BC to drop the kid off at University leaving Thursday and will be going through Oregun next weekend (Astoria) to visit old friends. Want to do some rides on the way home though and was hoping to get down to your neck of the woods....next time.

·
This place needs an enema
16,942 Posts
Yup

Shiggy-

I'm here in GJ in close proximity to the goods that this valley has to offer. Send me an email at mikec at bwn dot net letting me know your approximate dates in this area. I'll reply with a phone # and we'll go from there.

MC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.