Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be taking a road trip at the end of September. Going from GA to Maine. This is a trip to see the fall colors as we get further north and to visit Acadia National Park. I am looking for any recommendations or suggestions as to some trails, bike parks, riding in general that I can find along the way. I currently ride a GT aggressor hardtail and my lady rides a Giant Stance 2. I would ride hers but its a medium and not set up for me. Are there places that rent bikes, would mine be suitable for trails up that area? Just looking for any information I can soak up before the trip so as to know what I may be in for. Thanks!! Oh also I am a novice rider with more "I think I can" then ability's at times 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
There is a lot of good stuff along the I81 corridor in Virginia. Roanoke has Carvin's Cove. Not much further north, Harrisonburg has Massanutten western slope which has a lot of trails a novice rider could enjoy, and plenty more if you want a challenge. Depending on what highways you'll take through New England, you'll surely be near some good riding. Take a look on trailforks, there's a ton of networks nearby the interstates in NE.

For bike parks, you have Bryce in Virginia, not far from I81 just north of Harrisonburg, and Powder Ridge in CT which isn't far from I91 and I95 depending on what direction you go. Bryce and Powder Ridge are both somewhat small as far as bike parks go. Depending on how you cut through jersey, Mountain Creek is not too far from I78 and I95, and there is a ton of very technical trail networks in that vicinity as well if you're into that. Headed north, if you want a bit of a detour, Highland Bike Park is about an hour and fifteen minutes northwest of Portsmouth as you push further north on the I95 corridor. Mountain Creek and Highland both rent bikes, not sure about bryce or powder ridge, but I'm sure they either do, or somewhere nearby does. (def rent a bike if you go to a bike park).

Do ride the carriage trails in Acadia! More gravel riding than mountain biking, but such a great scenic experience.

My advice on such a long trip though, don't be afraid to get away from the I95 corridor in New England. If you have time, take a drive to check out the White Mountains as you won't be far from them. North Conway is not far from Mt Washington and is known for its MTB trails.

Hopefully this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.