Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I am debating whether to go to Bootleg Canyon or Arizona for a mnt bike road trip. Roughly, does anyone know the driving time from Orange County to Bootleg and Arizona? Also, how many days would you ideally need in each? (My friend and I like epic rides.) We also want to make it as cheap as possible. Any advice from someone who did a roadtrip out there (or anyone else) would be greatly appreciated. (If you were to do it again, what suggestions would you make, etc.? Thanks for your time.

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
I can't comment on AZ, but I did just make that same trip you described from OC to Bootleg. Drive time took a little over 3 hours for me. Ideally, I would set aside at minimum 1 full day for Bootleg. There's lots of trails there to explore. If you've never been there before I strongly suggest you pick up a trail map at the bike store at the bottom of the hill.

Another option would be to drive up to Bootleg for day 1, then drive another 2 hours north to St George UT for day 2. You could hit Bootleg again on your way back to OC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's all good

Just got back from BC. It was cool, lots of cactus-iron-ore-rock trail riding but very much a Mtn Bike "park". Plenty of adrenaline to be had, good, rough riding, but an "enclosed" area, sort of an island. Check it out but go to gooseberry mesa outside of st george. camp up on the mesa and ride a cool, tricky, slickrock-esque trail that has unbelievable views across to Zion. no altitude climbs just a fun little spot to camp and ride. no water, no facilities, no tourons - nice. then pick up a map, see "National Forest" or BLM designation anywhere in Utah (or in any other state for that matter) and go go go. SO much amazing land to explore. Of course just north of St George is Bryan Head. How does 9,000' ride down to 3500' sound?! check it out. Moab is a long 6-7 hours from St George. keep it movin'.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
OC to Bootleg...Dude it is right next to Vegas....ever been there?/ Hotels are cheap if you search early and book in advance...hurry up the Sun is starting to wake up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.