Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally get a well deserved vacation! I also have a wedding to attend in Portland and am making a road trip out of it. I am hoping to get ooodddles of info from locals in the respective areas that I will be traveling through. First things first....you'll need to know what type of rider I am. I would consider myself to be a advanced beginner, I normally ride 2-4 hours of relatively "un"-techy single track. I am a better climber than descender. I am looking forward to seeing some trees!

Here's the plan/route..... Leave Vegas (damn it's hot here!) en route to Salt Lake City. I will have some time here to check out the riding scene. Help from SLC locals!? Where to eat, sleep, and ride!

Then on towards Portland via US84 through Idaho. Any riding in Idaho!?

If not then it's on to Portland. Should I stay on the 84 or go through central Oregon? Again, call out to locals for advice!?

Route home will be through N. Cal/Tahoe. If there is time I'd love to do some riding on the way home. N. Cal locals, advice!?

Any help from peeps in the pnw would be greatly appreciated. I have never been to the area and am obviously VERY excited about checking out the area.

Neal

·
Registered
937 Posts
Sun Valley is great

njcoppola said:
Any riding in Idaho!?
Any riding in Idaho? I've ridden all around the Rocky Mountains (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Utah), and The Sun Valley, Idaho area is probably my second favorite place I've been. There are a variety of loop choices in the Greenhorn/Imperial Gulches and the Adams Gulch area, where an advanced beginner like you should have plenty of fun!

I'll leave it to you to figure out where my favorite place is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump

Wow, I'm going to be going through 4 major riding areas and only one person is willing to lend a hand. Honestly, I shocked. Not very typical of the community here on mtbr.... show some love.....hook a brother up with some ideas/help/advice, etc!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.