Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
On my spare set of wheels I run Vittoria Adventure Comforts in 700 x 35c. I wouldn't want to go any narrower on those rims (WTB Dual Duty - 28mm wide). They are very durable, tough tires with thorn puncture resistance. They roll fast and are practically bullet proof, but the ride is pretty harsh.

Side note: I'm going to be going back to my WTB Exiwolf tires on those rims in a ghetto tubeless setup and putting them on my Jamis Dakota 29er that I'm converting to SS...

·
The Road Warrior
622 Posts
Schwalbe makes a big apple in 3 widths that you'd like. I ride a 2.35" on the road. They also make a 2.15, and a 2.0. Do you know what super moto is? You can lean into turns like those guys with the 2.35. It's a very confidence inspiring tire, to say the least. It's what I do my road riding on. Fo shizzle

Check out the Schwalbe Big Apple 29'er reviews on here. It's one of the highest rated tires out there. For good reason. I posted a review, too. https://www.mtbr.com/cat/tires-and-wheels/29er-tire/schwalbe/big-apple-29er/PRD_415431_1564crx.aspx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.