Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the HardRock Might not be for asphalt however for what I want to do (all around agressive XC, lite downhill and small road...like 30 miles at a time couple times a month) So I like the stock tires that come on the '05 however I am afraid on the road they could be a bit slow. So what is anyones opinion on putting road tires on this bike. And if I do what decent but inexpensive wheelset and tires plus size should I purchase. Also the rotors.....should I go through the pain in swapping rotors everytime I want to swap wheelsets or should I just put a set on the new road tires. Any help on this would be cool.

Thanx
cj

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey cheif

have u looked at any of the maxxis range? i think its hard to find a tire that will perform in al the conditions you want to ride seeing as you seem to ride every type of condition out there!! :p but if you are looking for a good tyre that will perform well on the road and hardpack surface i suggest you look at either the maxxis high roller 2.35 in 60A compound.. or you could go the for the maxxis holy rollers 2.4inch the holy rollers provide better performance on the road so would be useful on your road rides.. ive used both and ive settled for the holy rollers but only because i ride mainly urban but ive also used them on light offroad and they proved quite grippy as well..

good luck mate

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.