Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road ride this Friday July 11 at 5:30am. Approx. 45 miles with Tortilla Flats in the middle. We'll meet at Two Wheel Jones bike shop at the NE corner of Signal Butte and Baseline Road in east Mesa. There is very little boat/RV traffic on road at that time in the morning. Come and join us.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope that you change your mind. We'd like to have you join us. This week hasn't been that bad as far as morning temperatures go. The humidity is up and that helps keeps the rides comfortable. I was out grocery shopping and stopped for a bagel this morning between 6 am to 8:30 am on my single speed bike and I thought it was comfortable. But then again I know everybody has different levels of tolerance to this frigging heat.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i think i can go. but can i have a contact cell number or something in case i can't find the place. how many people are going?

how fast is everyone? i should be able to do 20+ in a group. i have no idea what this ride is like. i am decent, but if you guys are all cat 1/2/3 i will certainly struggle

mx

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
My tolerance is, unfortunately, pretty low this year for whatever reason. I'm doing a regular 6a.m. mountain bike ride almost every day, but I feel like a Costco hot dog if I'm out much past 7:30ish. Of course, that's a lot slower pace, less air moving, etc. etc.

Like mx_599, I'm a low-20mph-pace guy.

Oh wait...this is FRIDAY? Totally no-can-do. Sorry. Didn't look at the date. :-( Have a great ride!

p.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey mx_599 you'll fit right in. I sent you a pm with my cell # call me if you have any questions. You're coming from Fountain Hills? That's great. well leave early and we'll leave a light on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry you can't make this time. We'll have to schedule a future ride to Tortilla Flats in the Fall so you can join us. I ride much better myself when the temps are in the mid 70's - mid 80's and also when I don't have to carry 100 oz of water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.