Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after starting to ride road for two years I got my first taste of road rash. My right butt check has No skin and is completely red. My back and bad shoulder is pretty red, o and yeah, I lost a chunk of my pinky. I should have pictures up soon. But since this is the passion forum, lets just see how much passion you have. Post your best road rash pictures and a quick description of how you recieved the rash.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont have any pics, but here is the story.

I was on a bike that I was not used to, and while going down this hill I got it in a pretty hard gear to pedel to pick up speed for the accent. That was working great, had some nice speed going (around 25mph) At the bottom on the hill I stand up and pedel some, then change a gear, pedal some more, and all of a sudden when I went to push down on the pedal (while standing up) the chain slipped off. Needless to say, my foot went into the ground fast, causing me to loose balance up above, going over the side of the handlebars, and into the road at around 20mph. Luckily, my Oakley sunglasses broke my fall. They took a nice deep cut into my eye-brow. My shoulder was really sore, my ribs were in pain, and my leg had some nice scrapes. I didn't have time to breathe out, so the fall knocked the breath out of me. When I set up, trying to catch my breath and feeling the hurting of the ribs, I was a little panicked at first :p The white shirt quickly became red as I used to trying to stop the bleeding. It took about a week to get where every action didn't hurt the ribs any.

Another story, but quick. Mountain bike tires, lot of psi in them, and a sharp corner at speed on slick concrete dont all mix great. I slid out, my foot stayed in the pedal, and my ankle bone and hand supported all the body weight. 1 year later, I can still see the spot on the ankle. Its a little different color than the rest of my foot.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn dude that rough, you've got some crappy luck. I have got plenty of time though, I am only sixteen. Thanx for the story, sometimes pictures are not always wanted. They would be sweet though. Keep em comin guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.