Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vita brevis
440 Posts
hpi savage guy said:
Well, I just love the new air biking experience. Yes, that's right its an airplane that is pedal power. They are in the prototype stages right now but soon could be on the market. I'll have to find the link.
Actually, some guy pedaled an airplane across the english channel back in the '70s' sometime. I saw the thing in the smithsonian last spring. It was called the Gossamer Albatross.
[/IMG]

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I ride mountain bikes.
I commute by bike and use it for other "useful" stuff too. Often I enjoy that.

My next bike (whenever that happens) will be something that works on the road. I have some good country roads in the area and riding destinations that are less ideal for a mountain bike.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i have both, and ride both..

road is really pretty boring. just pedal pedal pedal, pedal pedal pedal.... pedal pedal.. pedal. no jumps, no obstacles, zero technical anything. its challenging, but when was the last time you hopped off your road bike and turned around to hit a section again because it was so fun?

road riding is way more fun than sitting on my ass watching tv or something.. and its really great exercise, but if one had to go the road bike would go!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I used to be quite OCD about getting my road miles in and training properly. I was quite a bit faster back then too.

Today: Sold the road bike and never looked back. If I want to ride then I want to play on a bike that puts a big smile on my face. I still have my cross bikes and a few sets of road tires though; just in case I feel the need to get my group road ride on.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Garlock said:
Road biking is mostly for training or for group rides. It's not for fun (as with mtb) unless you're taking it as a road trip and go places.
I disagree. To say that road biking is not for fun is misleading. Fun is subjective. I've had many enjoyable rides on the road, where I was alone, without training or a specific destination in mind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.