Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy took our MTB's out to Abilene's Buck Creek and rode the beginners trail 4 times. Had a blast! We both want to go more often, and are planning to go a few times a week after work. I took my Go Pro, out, but the battery died 6-7 mins into the ride. :madman:

We wanted to keep riding, but we were worn out after 5-6 miles lol. Too bad my buddy is leaving country in 2-3 weeks, and I'm doing the same in 4 months(were both military). The cool thing though, we'll both be in Germany and our bases are only an hour apart, and were wanting to continue riding out there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Me and a buddy took our MTB's out to Abilene's Buck Creek and rode the beginners trail 4 times. Had a blast! We both want to go more often, and are planning to go a few times a week after work. I took my Go Pro, out, but the battery died 6-7 mins into the ride. :madman:

We wanted to keep riding, but we were worn out after 5-6 miles lol. Too bad my buddy is leaving country in 2-3 weeks, and I'm doing the same in 4 months(were both military). The cool thing though, we'll both be in Germany and our bases are only an hour apart, and were wanting to continue riding out there. :thumbsup:
If you're going to southern germany (bavaria) , where I was stationed, you'll find some pretty awesome mountain biking there. Road biking isn't too shabby either :D. Germany is pretty much perfect for cycling. Have fun!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I ride in Abilene as well. Hope to see you out there and yes the trail we have here is excellent. Very well maintained and an excellent variety of terrain. The rest of the trail is even more fun than the beginner trail. Obviously not mountainous since we're in central Texas but about as good as it can get. In case you don't know, October 22-23 the Bent Wheel Bash is going on out at the trail. The normal entrance to the trail will be closed but you just go a little bit further down the road to the Police Academy and get in that way. Specialized will have their demo van there with their mountain and road bikes to try out on the trail and road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.