Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i had a road bike about 2 years ago...I would ride it along the service roads next to my trails...one day, I couldnt help it---i decided to try some cyclo-cross(my own version though) and began riding the road bike along one of the easy XC trails...i got some good speed and hit a small 2ft drop and bent in the back wheel, which locked sending me into a tree...i went OTB but was ok...the bike wasnt-- the front wheel bent in and the fork was also bent...eeeek. so I just put the bike back where I found it---the garbage. I'v gone back to road biking on my 46ib bighit...hehe... :)

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red Bull said:
OMG! OMG! This is a DH/FR forum, this doesent seem very DH related :D
actually it is very dh related... i'm sure the sherpa can help me back this up (or argue it :p), but appearently all the dh racers use road bikes for cross training and to build endurance/power.... so this is dh related...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Road riding rules for those days when you can't get to the trail and want to loosen the legs up a little. Nothing like turning 50 miles on the asphalt to clear the mind and work the legs...

G

·
I used to ride the roads plenty. Road, offroad, I like them both. You can really cover some ground with a bike. Now, it's a little too dangeous for me. Lots of bluehairs and idiots on cell phones that can end your life in a heartbeat.
Still follow pro racing. At this point, my offroad helmet with a visor is off to George Hincapie for placing second at Paris-Roubaix, the best placing ever by an Americano. So close to winning, but he was up against a rider who is just on fire.

·
SouthernDevilz/RoguePosse
238 Posts
Frankenschwinn said:
Road riding rules for those days when you can't get to the trail and want to loosen the legs up a little. Nothing like turning 50 miles on the asphalt to clear the mind and work the legs...
i KNEW you were gay

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ronbo613 said:
I used to ride the roads plenty. Road, offroad, I like them both. You can really cover some ground with a bike. Now, it's a little too dangeous for me. Lots of bluehairs and idiots on cell phones that can end your life in a heartbeat.
Still follow pro racing. At this point, my offroad helmet with a visor is off to George Hincapie for placing second at Paris-Roubaix, the best placing ever by an Americano. So close to winning, but he was up against a rider who is just on fire.
lol, (for anyone in Westwood/Brentwood area you know where i am about to talk about)

i chugged a few red bulls and i took off at the end of san vincente (near wilshire)...

i made it to ocean, got a drink, and went down until i got to montana, made a right, took up the whole lane coming back (i was going fast enough) and got back to the end of sanvincente in 15 mins! that's w/o the drink time though... but thats still really fast... that's the fastest i have ever covered that much space in on a bike... they're really fun. :D

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Same for me.

Frankenschwinn said:
I'll usually always try to ride my mountainbike on the nearby trail system, but it's nice to have another outlet when the trails are wet for 2 or 3 days or when it's 100 degrees for 2 or 3 days. Trying to grunt it out on a relatively slow moving MTB on a really hot day is death on my old body. The road bike only hurts me half as bad...LOL!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Frankenschwinn said:
I agree. When mtn biking, especially DH, you really have to focus on what is happening, your speed and direction, what line you are taking, etc. Road riding is great cross training and also very relaxing. You can enjoy the scenery while going farther under your own power than some people like to go in their cars. Also, there's nothing like cruising down a hill at 45 mph, or drafting a Lexus. ;)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Roaming Oregon said:
What are you talking about?
nobody here but TNC
pffttt.
I used to put in 400 miles a week when I was racing.
/I guess I've only spent 4 hours on one since Sept. last year- oh well
All this time and I thought you were a crack addict for being so skinny

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.