Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everybody planning on checking out the DH, XC, DJ competition extravaganza on Sat. May 7. See the website for details (under Events). road34.com

Last year was a blast, and this year is supposed to be even bigger. Bands, Beer, Biking...everything important in life. Should be a lot of fun and anybody is welcome.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I'm going!!! So stoked on it I can't wait. :D

Info for those too lazy to check or who need info...

Fort Collins
Meet at Road34 Shop at about 12. (Don't know where it is so don't ask me. :p )
DH race is free to whoever wants to go.
DJ competition is afterwards at the Road34 house. Redbull will be there supporting it, other rumors are floating around for other various things including local bands in the area and even a $200 cash prize for the winner. As well as more kegs than I can count on one hand and I'm sure there will be a cloud from all the chronic being smoked. :p

Sadly I think I'll just be able to go to the dh race and part of the dj comp. :( lol

·
That one dude
142 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
I'm going!!! So stoked on it I can't wait. :D

Info for those too lazy to check or who need info...

Fort Collins
Meet at Road34 Shop at about 12. (Don't know where it is so don't ask me. :p )
DH race is free to whoever wants to go.
DJ competition is afterwards at the Road34 house. Redbull will be there supporting it, other rumors are floating around for other various things including local bands in the area and even a $200 cash prize for the winner. As well as more kegs than I can count on one hand and I'm sure there will be a cloud from all the chronic being smoked. :p

Sadly I think I'll just be able to go to the dh race and part of the dj comp. :( lol
The shop is right off of the south side of Elizabeth St. just west of campus.

I'll definitely be there, (hell, we ride in the backyard almost every day anyways :p ), I'm just hoping this weather goes away and the dirt dries up enough. Myself and a friend or two might skip the DH race and just get the jumps in prime condition, if necessary. See you guys there :cool:

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Hey, bad news first: My track coach will kill me if I DH race before the season is over (I did it last year and of course, (Damn Murphy and his law) broke myself and couldn't finish the season, so I"m gonna have to listen) And I work on Saturday, all day, so that sucks.

Good news: I just got a Santa Cruz V-10 with a Dorado. One of the second generation V-10s, it's a pretty sick ride, I should have pics up by the time you guys race next weekend. So that means that I will have a really good DH racing bike!

Now I just gotta learn to ride! :D

But you guys have a killer time, and someone should take tons of pictures cause that sounds like hella fun!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
Hey, bad news first: My track coach will kill me if I DH race before the season is over (I did it last year and of course, (Damn Murphy and his law) broke myself and couldn't finish the season, so I"m gonna have to listen) And I work on Saturday, all day, so that sucks.

Good news: I just got a Santa Cruz V-10 with a Dorado. One of the second generation V-10s, it's a pretty sick ride, I should have pics up by the time you guys race next weekend. So that means that I will have a really good DH racing bike!

Now I just gotta learn to ride! :D

But you guys have a killer time, and someone should take tons of pictures cause that sounds like hella fun!
So is that hot RMX gone?

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
If not you could GIVE it to me ;)

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
It's not gone yet, but it's gonna go soon. I sold my Epic, so right now everything I have is big bikes, I'm trying to buy a road bike and a hardtail for my other riding needs, so I need the RMX gone to fund my expensive bikes! :D

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
It's not gone yet, but it's gonna go soon. I sold my Epic, so right now everything I have is big bikes, I'm trying to buy a road bike and a hardtail for my other riding needs, so I need the RMX gone to fund my expensive bikes! :D
Lol.

How come you sold the Epic?

What kinda road/hardtail are you gonna get?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
I think I'm gonna get a Monument Cycles hardtail, and probably a Bianchi or Specialized roadbike. Who knows, I gotta get the money first!
Monument Cycles hardtail? Mind elaborating?

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Go to www.monumentcycles.com

The guy who designs the frame works at Criterium, closer to home than you'd think! My friend rides a Mt. Herman, I rode it in Moab, it's a sweet bike, but I'll only be able to afford a hardtail, so that's what I'm looking at.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
Go to www.monumentcycles.com

The guy who designs the frame works at Criterium, closer to home than you'd think! My friend rides a Mt. Herman, I rode it in Moab, it's a sweet bike, but I'll only be able to afford a hardtail, so that's what I'm looking at.
Those are pretty sweet lookign! Interesting to see that its so close to us.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Bike Addict said:
Is everybody planning on checking out the DH, XC, DJ competition extravaganza on Sat. May 7. See the website for details (under Events). road34.com

Last year was a blast, and this year is supposed to be even bigger. Bands, Beer, Biking...everything important in life. Should be a lot of fun and anybody is welcome.
This race is called "Invitational", but I want to race the DH race. Do I need to be invited to do so or can I just show up and race. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
.thumper. said:
This race is called "Invitational", but I want to race the DH race. Do I need to be invited to do so or can I just show up and race. Does anyone know?
Never mind. I just called them and found out that you just need to show up at the shop at noon to get registered for the race. No invite needed!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I believe you can just show up. BUT, I would call the shop (Road 34) and talk to Will or Willy and get the 411 straight from them.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
.thumper. said:
Never mind. I just called them and found out that you just need to show up at the shop at noon to get registered for the race. No invite needed!
Should be pretty sweet Grant! :D I'm so stoked for it. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.