Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What dates should we do this thing?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admin, please make sticky.

we can have this discussion hashed out the same time as location. Mostly independent of each other. Most who go to Poncha would go to Breck regardless of date. Once both decided and we decide length, we'll get some campsites.

Not sure the best way to do this, so we'll go by weekends and go from there. Multi choice folks so feel free to pick more than one.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,815 Posts
Vote for Aug. 19/20!!!

Aug 26/27 would suck in particular, classes start on Aug 28th at CU, and probably lots of other schools... so for all us that applies to, Aug 19/20 would be much better.

VOTE FOR AUG 19/20!!! :thumbsup:

The first 2 weeks of September would be next best, no tests coming up yet...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh silence...you suckers (err bikers I mean) are a voting...just damn thing slips down the list as a vote don't do no bumping...and since a brother can't get a sticky round here I'll be a bumping as I feel needed.

BUMP!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Red Alert, Red Alert...

the 3rd annual Epic weekend at Buffalo Creek is scheduled for September 30th/October 1st. Trail work on Saturday, riding on Sunday and camping and partying in between. Team Evergreen, Colorado Mountain Bike Association (COMBA) and the Front Range Mountain Bike Patrol (FRMBP) in cooperation with the Forest Service, work hard to put this event together and we can use your support. Keep us in mind when you plan your dates. Thanks in advance and hope to see you there.

frmbp.org - paying it forward

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Shameless

ibmkidIII said:
Ahh silence...you suckers (err bikers I mean) are a voting...just damn thing slips down the list as a vote don't do no bumping...and since a brother can't get a sticky round here I'll be a bumping as I feel needed.

BUMP!
This sort of bumping is shameless. If this were the 29'er board, Cloxxi would have likely already locked this thread and threatened your userID.

That said, I really like the MidSept date that's currently winning, 'cause I could likely make it. Everyone should vote for that weekend to spend time in Salida!

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
sgltrak said:
Sept 23/24 and Sept 30/Oct 1 might be difficult for anyone here involved with the bike industry (anthony) since those dates bookend Interbike.
Ditto. Those would be bad.

·
Which way? Uphill.
833 Posts
It's got to be mid to late September, less volatile weather than August and less chance of cold weather than October.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump bump bump....

so you folks get that you can vote for multiple dates right? I sorta expected more overall vote by now...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
shhhh...

we want this poll to quietly close while sept 16/17 is in the lead.
;)

course w/ all those killer pix that icegeek keeps posting i'm not sure i can wait that long...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't mind 16/17 at all...just a bit disappointed it doesn't match up with more folks...so far we have 30+ voters on location...I expected similar here and we be lacking so far...tsk tsk...

and bump!

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bump!!!!!! bump bump..

So here's what I'm tentatively thinking. Sept. 9/10 I'll likely do some prerides for stuff we'll do the following weekend. Maybe we could have a mini gathering for those folks interested, since that's a good day for quite a few people as well...then we'll have the full on gathering the next week.

Taking off thursday after work Sept. 14th, camp, ride friday 15th, camp, ride sat. 16th, camp, ride sun. 17th, go home. Anyone else think this sounds like fun? It'll be cool...we'll ride bikes

And drink beer, and talk smack about who's the best rider.

And for the folks that don't quite get it...this is for EVERYONE. If you can read this and happen to ride a bike you ARE invited not so cordially by me.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rroeder said:
Sounds good, I'll be there for sure, unless I get hit by a car the weekend before like last year :)
Yeah...I'd prefer if you avoid getting wacked by a car this year too...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kristian said:
That is right after we get back from a 9 day trip to Yellowstone so I probably won't be able to take any week days off, but I'm in for the weekend for sure.
Old faithful will be still be going later this year. Trust me, I just checked in on it a few days ago. Cancel jellystone, and come for ALL of RMH06.

seriously K, good that you can swing it. If you promise to be there I MAY just break out the dehydrator and bang out some KJ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.