Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
badgermtb said:
I think that the Chainstay is a 2008, though, as I noticed that it is slightly different than the 2007...mainly in the area near where the chainstay "met" the front derailleur bolt.
Tell me more about that... My SXC S/N is in the 600's, it looks like they made some running changes in the later 2007 models as well, as the hole to give hex wrench access to the derailleur cable clamp is bigger on later bikes.

What do your wheels weigh? I've been running the Easton Havoc AM's (picked up cheap from Price Point last year) which are about 1940gms. Easton is supposed to release their bolt on thru axle upgrade for the rear hub in February, I'll be doing that upgrade which should help stiffen the rear swingarm up even more.

I just mounted up a 2008 Marzocchi 55 ATA in December but the fork graphics were really goofy looking, so I did a bit of creative re-decaling to better match the splashy red/white paint.

Attachments

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
Your serial number is 25,100 after mine. That's a lot of Slayer SXC's! Bound to be some variations in that many handmade bikes. I just hope it's not like American Chopper or American Hot Rod in the Rocky shop. I can't believe anyone would buy a bike from Orange County Choppers or a hot rod from Boyd Coddington after seeing the way they run those shops.

badgermtb said:
Not sure how to interpret my serial number...but it is 20070025750. Any idea about that?
Here's the whole bike... :D

Attachments

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
Here is mine.

Best bike i`ve ever owned, although sometimes I wish it was a little lighter. I bought it as frame only and the parts are my faves so dont need any upgrades.

Well, I do have a hardtail project on the go and I think I will put the 06 juicies on that and buy 08 j`s for this.

I personaly love the white and siver frame best :smilewinkgrin:

in action..

I like to think that canadian built bikes were made for our Norwegian trails,

I know it sounds corny as Fcuk but yes, I do love the ride! :thumbsup:

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
The black ano finish is really subtle. Nice build and a tasteful balance of colour.

Did you get a chance to weigh the ano frame by itself? I'm curious about the weight of the PC finish versus anodized.

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
That would be a Brodie 1 Ball. Custom painted by BrodieArt. SS or geared with sliding dropouts.I had it built up with a Rohloff before moving the Rohloff to a Kona A. (see, I actually have a couple of bikes that aren't Rocky Mountains :D ).

Attachments

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
I've noticed everyones saddle is back pretty far.(just like mine) My only complaint with this bike is a slightly short top tube.Oh and the boost valve is in a dumb spot. Otherwise this is my favorite rig!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
tmosebar said:
I've noticed everyones saddle is back pretty far.(just like mine) My only complaint with this bike is a slightly short top tube.Oh and the boost valve is in a dumb spot. Otherwise this is my favorite rig!!!
My SXC pictures were taken 1 minute after the assembly, and the saddle was in random position. it's been moved forward a little bit, now...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts