Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing talk that RM does not make their bikes in CANADA anymore. :confused: Only the high end racers are assembled in CANADA the rest is shipped in to save on cost and compete with the overseas bike mfg.What have you heard. :(

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
The low end bikes use imported frames, all the bikes that say BUILT IN CANADA or have the Thumbprint decal, or the Handmade designation are made in Delta, BC.They don't have a lot of low end product in the line.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Vertex 70: Canada or Far East?

So what about the Vertex 70 frame?

It hasn't got any of the Built in Canada, Thumbprint or Handmade decals but it does have the maple leaf paint job. Is it a frame thats made in the Far East and painted in Canada?

If it is Far Eastern origin I'd hardly call it Low End as it rides better than my Litespeed made Ti frame!

Fluff

·
Registered
832 Posts
Vertex70 is Canadian made. The bikes that are not Canadian made are the Sport Hardails, and the City bikes on the Canadian Rocky website.

·
Registered
196 Posts
tubing is the answer

a RM rep. tell me thats all frames made with RMB alu are made in taiwan, the rest of the prod.. read higher end frames made of easton tubing are made in Canada!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts