Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any decent trails in riverside? I'm new to the sport of mtb, but have been biking for years, like most of us lol...

I'm looking for mainly xc trails with mild terrain, some downhill is ok, but nothing wild, also looking for trials that will be easy for my fiancé, she's a complete noob to mtb...so easy stuff! Thanks all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Any decent trails in riverside? I'm new to the sport of mtb, but have been biking for years, like most of us lol...

I'm looking for mainly xc trails with mild terrain, some downhill is ok, but nothing wild, also looking for trials that will be easy for my fiancé, she's a complete noob to mtb...so easy stuff! Thanks all!!

You might get a better response here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SycamoreRiversideMTB/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually just got back from riding sycamore...my first time out with an mtb...pretty fun out there...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Sycamore Canyon has a lot from beginner to expert XC type riding. There are about 3 different climbs that will get your heart rate up. A few technical short downhills. Some rock drops and rollers in spots. Even a dirt jump area. You can easily get in 25mi without doing the same trail twice. My normal route is about 18-20mi but i will use a trail or two to backtrack. Not that its needed. You can also climb up "M" mountain and do the trails up there. There is a section or two that noobs will want to walk (i still do). Nothing too horrible. And Lake Perris has some trails for getting in some miles. Mostly wide equestrian trails though. There is a short single track downhill and a fast descending single track if you know where to look. You can look into Hulda Crooks area as well (i've not ridden there yet, so, i can't give specifics). And SART up around Angelus Oaks (i'm going there tomorrow).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Local trails where I ride with my wife and son:

1. Sycamore Canyon: You have been there already.

2. Telegraph Canyon (Chino Hills State Park): 6 miles up and 6 miles down. It is a mild fire road. Strava link is an actual ride with my wife and son (9 years old).
Mountain Bike Ride Profile | / Chino Hills State Park near Brea | Times and Records | Strava

3. Seven Oaks Road (San Bernardino Mountains): Glass to South Fork. Scenic fire road. Strava link was a ride with my wife and son.
Mountain Bike Ride Profile | / Family Ride near Angelus Oaks | Times and Records | Strava

4. The Carriage Trail (Redlands): Groomed single track in Redlands. A few combos are available. Carriage itself is only 1.7 miles, but when you add the combos, you can get 8-10 miles very quickly. Lots of twist and turns with "baby exposure" for a new rider.
Strava Segment | Carriage Trail (west to east)

Other comments:

Forget about Hulda Crooks until she is more experienced (Unless you can ride it during the middle of the week). Hulda has too many DH speed freaks, and most of them have very little trail etiquette. At some point there is going to be a SERIOUS head-on collision at Hulda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts