Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to stay near Santa Rosa through the weekend, visiting family. The Sweetwater loop is close to where I’ll be staying and is my best option for a ride. I don’t like cars, so River rd will be my least favorite part of the ride. Is it better to ride River rd in one direction vs the other? Better shoulder in one direction or anything like that?

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,556 Posts
If it were me, I'd ride Sweetwater Springs from Westside rd. to Armstrong Woods rd. and back on River road only until you get to just before Hacienda Bridge (1/4 mi. or so). Take Sunset Ave to the right and it goes back UNDER River road and pops out at West Side rd.

This route should only put you on River rd. for around four miles or so and the shoulder in that area is pretty wide.

Reactions: RoscoP

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, thanks!

It's funny, I moved from Sebastopol to Oakland about 20 years ago and while I vaguely recall all the great road riding I used to do... when it comes down to it, I have no recall of the details.

Appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.