Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone riding on the Ritchey Zero rear rim? How are they holding up, and will they handle a 260 pound rider?

Thanks,
-Larry

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
LJ0913 said:
Is anyone riding on the Ritchey Zero rear rim? How are they holding up, and will they handle a 260 pound rider?

Thanks,
-Larry
Got WCS wheels for ~115lb wife. Did ride her bike sometimes, at 200++lb self (size of the bike is the same :). I felt that the wheel is stiff, light and it stayed perfectly true. Would not hesistate picking up another pair. They look nice - red rims and all. Use bolt on skewer rear, skraxle front. Would not use their rear quick release (nor any quick release for that matter - bolt ons imporve stiffness and are safer and lighter)

But, 28 spokes under 260? I would pass, I guess. If it is a 32 rim, with appropriate spokes I would guess it would be as good or better as any other "XC" rim out there. Though in you place I would grab someting in Mavic 618/819 range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.