Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i can't find any completed ebay auctions to help me come up with an offer to make on this bike. looks rougher than i had hoped for but it could still be fun. has the market gotten to the point where a tig'd ritchey is worth new paint? what do you think- $100, $300, $1.25? let me know what you think. (& if you don't like the question let 'er rip!)

Attachments

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
I'll give you 5 bucks and half a bottle of orange juice(act quick or I might finish the orange juice)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
hmmmmm?

bushpig said:
You've got to offer what you are happy paying. The market for those is all over the map. That one is in relatively poor condition and has some bad parts.
Just curious what you see thats bad? The seat, post, tires and stem? Easy fixes if thats it. It doesn't look that bad to me...of course consider the source :D

Is there an asking price to start at?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Not worth repainting I don't think. Plus you lose the original decals which would be difficult and expensive to replace.

Leave the patina, put on a proper stem and tires and go ride the hell out of it.

"make an offer' sellers are the worst. Low ball what you're willing to pay and go from there. If they come back insulted...then they need to give you a ball park number.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
asking 400....

stan4bikes said:
Just curious what you see thats bad? The seat, post, tires and stem? Easy fixes if thats it. It doesn't look that bad to me...of course consider the source :D

Is there an asking price to start at?

......but she's looking for a new cruiser so i was thinking of bartering for a new trek that would cost me just under 300. of course that was before i saw how beat up the paint was....like everyone else i was hoping for a bike that had just sat gathering dust in a garage for the last 18 years!

·
artistic...
7,602 Posts
hollister said:
you're nuts

(thanks for chiming in on the art thread)
i am still tiptoeing there..;) sniffing the blood.

edit: $185?

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Three powerbars and a can of spam.

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
If you do end up with the bike and want to paint it the commonly seen ULTRA white. I have an original head tube decal to get you started...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dang....

hollister said:
the orange juice is gone

.....was it the kind w/out pulp? would have gone good with the powerbars & spam from d8! i always miss out on the good deals......:D

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I think somewhere in the $200-$300 range would be about right. of course $100 would be better;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts