Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Ritchey Design Rep
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the spokesperson here at Ritchey Design USA and I'd like to invite anyone who has any questions or comments about our products to post them here on the Ritchey / Syncros Forum. I'll do my best to respond and help you understand the vast array of bicycle components we have to offer.

Here at Ritchey we all ride and are extremely passionate and proud of everything we produce. Please don't be shy. Let us know what you think!

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
I have always been a big fan of Ritchey stuff. All my bikes have Ritchey bars, stems, seatposts and pedals. But I have two sets of Ritchey WCS V4, and one set of Pro V4pedals that are worn out after about 1000 miles of riding for each set. I contacted you guys and was told I was out of luck because you had no rebuild parts. The solution I was given was to buy more super expensive Ritchey pedals because the paradigm does have small parts available. That really has turned me off to you guys. I mean these were some seriously expensive pedals that lasted one year, now they are just titanium paperweights. I can't even sell these things on ebay because they are so worn out and not even good for parts. I mean the least you guys could have done is offer me some discounted pedals or something. I don't think anyone can deny that the V4 pedals were poorly engineered. A set of $30 wellgo pedals lasted me 10 years of riding, a $200 set of pedals ought to outlast cheap wellgo pedals. I will say though that the V4 IMO have the best engagement of any pedal I have tried, while they were working well I loved them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
Why are all the threads on vintage Ritchey bikes from the VRC forums being pulled in here?

It seems like a very misguided idea. Nearly all the threads below are about classic hand-made Tom Ritchey frames and are not at all related to the current Ritchey/Syncros component/parts line up. Please put the vintage threads back where you found them!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,443 Posts
Production numbers

Hi Dave, it is nice to have a Ritchey expert to answer our questions here at MTBR. I know I have many questions to ask.

Here is one to get us going:

How many fillet brazed frames did Tom Ritchey make between 1980 and 1990. please break it down to the best of your knowledge by by model and year. A simple excel spreadsheet would be great. I look forward,
T
 

·
Ritchey Design Rep
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ljsmith said:
I have always been a big fan of Ritchey stuff. All my bikes have Ritchey bars, stems, seatposts and pedals. But I have two sets of Ritchey WCS V4, and one set of Pro V4pedals that are worn out after about 1000 miles of riding for each set. I contacted you guys and was told I was out of luck because you had no rebuild parts. The solution I was given was to buy more super expensive Ritchey pedals because the paradigm does have small parts available. That really has turned me off to you guys. I mean these were some seriously expensive pedals that lasted one year, now they are just titanium paperweights. I can't even sell these things on ebay because they are so worn out and not even good for parts. I mean the least you guys could have done is offer me some discounted pedals or something. I don't think anyone can deny that the V4 pedals were poorly engineered. A set of $30 wellgo pedals lasted me 10 years of riding, a $200 set of pedals ought to outlast cheap wellgo pedals. I will say though that the V4 IMO have the best engagement of any pedal I have tried, while they were working well I loved them.
Sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. It's unfortunately true regarding rebuild parts right now. However, we've got some great new pedal designs right around the corner that might be a better fix.
 

·
Ritchey Design Rep
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yo-Nate-y said:
Why are all the threads on vintage Ritchey bikes from the VRC forums being pulled in here?

It seems like a very misguided idea. Nearly all the threads below are about classic hand-made Tom Ritchey frames and are not at all related to the current Ritchey/Syncros component/parts line up. Please put the vintage threads back where you found them!!
We just started this Ritchey forum and they gathered everything with Ritchey as the subject and throw it in. Give it time and I'm sure Ritchey's more relevent and current products will get their time.
 

·
Ritchey Design Rep
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aemmer said:
Hi Dave, it is nice to have a Ritchey expert to answer our questions here at MTBR. I know I have many questions to ask.

Here is one to get us going:

How many fillet brazed frames did Tom Ritchey make between 1980 and 1990. please break it down to the best of your knowledge by by model and year. A simple excel spreadsheet would be great. I look forward,
T
Unfortunately we don't keep track of Tom's early frame work. However a great resource for this is www.oldmountainbikes.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
ritchey_dave said:
We just started this Ritchey forum and they gathered everything with Ritchey as the subject and throw it in. Give it time and I'm sure Ritchey's more relevent and current products will get their time.
Thanks for the response, but that's not the point. This forum is fine for "relevant and current" stuff, but you pulled a lot of threads about vintage Ritchey bikes here from the Vintage, Retro, Classic (VRC) forum. People want those threads moved back, since they are a great resource for those of us who enjoy vintage bikes.

For contemporary stuff, by all means do it here. But please have them move the vintage threads back to VRC!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
Another great resource was the VRC forum on this very same site. If the vintage threads don't get moved back, you are just going to have a lot of angry vintage Ritchey fans (and people, by the way who also buy modern stuff!). Not a good move.
 

·
Ritchey Design Rep
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yo-Nate-y said:
Another great resource was the VRC forum on this very same site. If the vintage threads don't get moved back, you are just going to have a lot of angry vintage Ritchey fans (and people, by the way who also buy modern stuff!). Not a good move.
Not trying to anger anyone, just trying give people a channel off communication with us. I'll contact MTBR.
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,637 Posts
ritchey_dave said:
Unfortunately we don't keep track of Tom's early frame work. However a great resource for this is www.oldmountainbikes.com.
A website started and maintained by a VRC regular. Great resource for new Ritchey lovers here in this new forum...but all the VRC regulars know about it. ;)

I'm happy Ritchey and Syncros are getting their own forum. Congrats and good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
HI,

Can you tell me if Ritchey decals are still available? Especially from the early 90's ?
 

·
Exaggerated member
Joined
·
351 Posts
kb11 said:
HI,

Can you tell me if Ritchey decals are still available? Especially from the early 90's ?
I'd like to know the same thing as I'm after a couple of sets of decals for a 1995 Crazy Pete that I'm restoring. Mine definitely needs a repaint and hence new decals.
 

·
Ritchey Design Rep
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kb11 said:
HI,

Can you tell me if Ritchey decals are still available? Especially from the early 90's ?
We have a bunch of random decals kicking around the office. If you let me know what you're looking for I can tell you if they're available.
 

·
Ritchey Design Rep
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, we've got those. You can have you local bike shop call us up and special order them.

Same goes for you alexk, we've got decals that'll work on your Crazy Pete. We don't have any plans to rerelease those Syncros cranks, but I'll toss the idea into the think tank.
 
1 - 20 of 382 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top