Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
why would Ritchey, an American bike company, have a bike they are not selling in the US? in red, white, and blue no less...

·
Ritchey Design Rep
210 Posts
why would Ritchey, an American bike company, have a bike they are not selling in the US? in red, white, and blue no less...
Ha! Yeah, it does seem a little odd. There's a shrinking demand for 26" MTB frames these days. Throw in the fact that it's at hardtail, steel, and with a sweet yet radical paint scheme and you've got a pretty small market. Too small for the US, but not for Europe. 26" seems to still be pretty popular there. Who knows though, if there's enough people asking for it, it wouldn't be too hard to bring some here. Until then we're just offering the 29" version in the US.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ha! Yeah, it does seem a little odd. There's a shrinking demand for 26" MTB frames these days. Throw in the fact that it's at hardtail, steel, and with a sweet yet radical paint scheme and you've got a pretty small market. Too small for the US, but not for Europe. 26" seems to still be pretty popular there. Who knows though, if there's enough people asking for it, it wouldn't be too hard to bring some here. Until then we're just offering the 29" version in the US.
thanks!

·
Ritchey Design Rep
210 Posts
I'll try and convince our Canadian distributor to bring some in. No promises though.

·
Ritchey Design Rep
210 Posts
Dave,

Any news on these? Any idea when these will come to europe? My p29 needs a little brother...
Have your local bike shop contact their Ritchey Distributor. I don't think they're ready yet but since we're not distributing them here in the US I'm not fully in the loop on those.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why doesn't Ritchey just sell these from their website? Even if they take 4 weeks to arrive from.Taiwan or wherever? It would make the buying process so much easier than figuring out a way to buy it through a European dealer and have it shipped to the US at ridiculous cost no less..I.have my eye on a new p29er, but man do I have a ton of parts to finish another 26er already!

Another question: What travel fork is this frame designed for?

·
Ritchey Design Rep
210 Posts
Why doesn't Ritchey just sell these from their website? Even if they take 4 weeks to arrive from.Taiwan or wherever? It would make the buying process so much easier than figuring out a way to buy it through a European dealer and have it shipped to the US at ridiculous cost no less..I.have my eye on a new p29er, but man do I have a ton of parts to finish another 26er already!

Another question: What travel fork is this frame designed for?
You're in luck, we'll be getting a limited run of P-Team frames due to arrive in October. The P-29ers are designed for 100mm travel forks.

·
Ritchey Design Rep
210 Posts
Yes! Very limited run though. The should be available to preorder within the next few weeks.

·
Ritchey Design Rep
210 Posts
Is there a dealer near 02675? Disregard, found em
I think there's a few shops in your area. They might not have frames in stock but they can definitely backorder one for you.

Check out dealer locator Ritchey Logic to find the names and addresses of the shops in you area.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts